Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What does it matter?

Through some careful thought and prayers I've decided to keep this blog, but change the style of posting. In reality we will never "fix" the current political system in this country because it's not the political system that's broken. It's corporations in general that are the problem.

I recently read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand and at first thought I have finally read an author that thought the way I did. What I've realized though is she only got part of it right and another part very wrong. She believes in less government and telling them to butt out of our lives which I agree with completely but her problem is she favors the corporate life which is where I am beginning to understand the problem lies. (no pun intended) Her choices leave you with be a slave to the government or slaves to corporations. I choose neither.

My other blog Dreaming of a Country Life is our story getting to true freedom. Our own land, growing/raising our own food, and zero debt. the problem is that is also going against what our government really wants for us so I still need to wear the tinfoil fedora now and then.

I also refuse to walk away from God as she would have everyone do. I do have serious questions about what I've been taught a Christian really is, but those will be answered by a higher power and as long as what I do is based on scripture I can't go wrong.

-mike

No comments:

Post a Comment